RA-UK Membership is open to any medically qualified person who is involved in the practice of anaesthesia and regional anaesthesia in the United Kingdom.
Benefits of RA-UK membership
Joining RA-UK helps to financially support your local society. RA-UK membership confers some additional benefits over and above ESRA membership
You will become a FULL member in YOUR national society RAUK, actively supporting national goals in education and research.
- Payment of annual ESRA membership fee by Direct Debit via the RAUK administration (AAGBI)*
- 15% reduction on all RAUK organised course and Annual Scientific Meeting
- Eligibility for small grant awards (see grants section)
- Eligibility for travel grants to ESRA/ASRA and courses (see grants section)
- Eligibility to apply for "RA-UK approved course" recognition
- Reductions on bulk orders of Pocket Guide to Ultrasound Anaesthesia for courses
- Electronic newsletter with details of society activity and discounted courses.
- Free copy of "A Pocket Guide to Ultrasound Guided Regional Anaesthesia" when you first join (not available for international members, but gain access to electronic version on website)
- Website access, including RA-UK Forum, electronic version of handbook, catch-up webinars and more...
* As ESRA is a European society, collection of their fees by Direct Debit is not available and it requires annual payment by credit card. RA-UK will collect both payments and then pay ESRA for you, relieving you of the inconvenience of having to re-register every year.
RA-UK is also open to international members, who receive many of the member benefits above (including course/ASM discounts, website access and newsletters). Please see international membership category for more details.
On joining you have the option of just joining RA-UK or RA-UK & ESRA.
It is no longer a requirement to be an ESRA member to join RA-UK
||RA-UK International Membership*
||Combined RA-UK/ESRA Membership (Paper journal)
||Combined RA-UK/ESRA (Online only)
*RA-UK international membership is also open to Allied Health Professionals interested in regional anaesthesia.
** The ESRA fee is set in Euros and the Sterling value is dependent on the exchange rate at the time of direct debit collection, this figure is based on a €1.11 to £1 exchange rate as of 12/12/20.
ESRA membership includes a subscription to Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine.
You may also join ESRA directly- to do this please visit the ESRA website.
The membership year runs from 1st January to 31st December in alignment with ESRA. Members joining after November will be automatically joined for the following calendar year.
You can now join RA-UK Online.
For UK Memberships; when you choose this option, after filling out your details, and choosing a login password, you will be taken to our payment website GoCardless where you will sign up for a direct debit mandate. Once you have done this, you will receive an email from them with details of the mandate. This will be dated for the next year. We then check your membership details, take a payment using GoCardless for this year, and authorise your online account. Please note, that due to remote working at the Association of Anaesthetists, this process may take a number of days. Only then will you receive an email from RA-UK with details of your account, and a further email when your online login has been authorised. If you have received your GoCardless email, you do not need to contact us to check if your application is OK. If you are applying for the ASM, you dont need to wait for your membership approval email, go ahead and book, and we will double check your membership and contact you if theres any issue.
For Joint ESRA Memberships; RA-UK will contact ESRA on your behalf and setup your ESRA membership.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS SYSTEM